I cook my share of brisket.
In the Grillmaster Test post, I declare that you cannot be the neighborhood Grillmaster until you can make a mean brisket on the grill. In Rollin’ With the Irish, CBH Test and Bill’s Corned Beef, brisket is made into corned beef and then put into a recipe. For a cut that needs to take quite a while to cook, it sure is versatile. Here is another great way to make it – in the slow cooker.
I actually bought one that was 7 pounds. I cut it in half (put the other half in the freezer) and trimmed the fat off of one side. I decided to leave it on the other to flavor the pot.
Classic Brisket- Low Carb Crock Pot Version
Cook Time: 8 hrs | Makes: 4-6
- 1 cup low carb beer
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1/2 cup low carb beer
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 onion, sliced
1. the day before make the marinade.
2. pour it into a 1 gallon plastic bag, add brisket and marinate overnight, refrigerated, turning over occasionally.
3. remove brisket from the marinade and discard.
4. mix beer and next 6 ingredients in the crock pot.
5. add onion slices and brisket.
6. turn brisket over in sauce to coat both sides and place it fat side up.
7. cook on low for 8 hours.
8. remove and let it rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
9. add back to sauce to coat.