Bill’s Corned Beef

In the CBH Test post, I professed my love for Corned Beef Hash. While I rarely make it myself, it is a critical test for any place I am going to breakfast. Lucky for me, a neighbor down the street, Bill, is a fellow cook and he not only makes his own hash… he makes his own corned beef. The other day he invited me down while he was making hash.

The corned beef is beautiful and it contrasts with the large chunks of potatoes.

Bill peeled, diced and simmered the potatoes to get them soft.

One of the corned beefs that he had made. Here he cuts it into large slices.

And into the food processor it goes to get a chop.

Post food processor view.

Mixing it with the potatoes.

On the griddle….

And deliciousness on a plate!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Beef, Breakfast, kosher, Lunch, Main Dish, Recipes, Side Dish, Vegetable

22 Comments on “Bill’s Corned Beef”

1. June 7, 2012 at 11:21 am #

one of the best things for breakfast ever!

2. June 7, 2012 at 11:26 am #

My husband loves corned beef hash and doesn’t mind if it comes from a can. I’ll have to make some fresh for him. Good simple recipe.

3. joybrewed
    June 7, 2012 at 12:27 pm #

I am in love with corned beef hash!! 😉 yuuum

4. June 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

Yumm! Looks delicious 🙂

5. June 7, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

I haven’t had good Corned Beef Hash in a long time. Perhaps I need to make some this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

6. June 7, 2012 at 2:13 pm #

I have some leftover corned beef… I will have to hook this up. My husband hates it, but I’ve never had it. No time like the present!

7. Reema Siddiqui
    June 7, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

This looks worth a try!!

8. June 7, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

That looks and sounds amazing. One for me to try I think!

9. delightsanddisciplines
    June 7, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Again, a big hit with my Hubby! I may learn to make his favorite dish yet!! thank you 🙂

10. June 7, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

must be the season, we can corned silverside and mash last week. All very delcious! Better even the next day on fresh bread and pickles! have a great day! x

11. June 7, 2012 at 10:16 pm #

Wow, this looks simple enough, and my hubby would be thrilled if I tried corned beef hash at home.

12. June 7, 2012 at 11:19 pm #

Reblogged this on Daybreak Club.

13. June 8, 2012 at 8:21 am #

Even though I’m a vegetarian (and vegan to some degree – still working on it), your blog is interesting, concise, and very well written. I enjoyed it a lot. You do very well at explaining to someone how to prepare a dish and your photos are great and demonstrate exactly how it should look. Great job, Pat!

14. June 8, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

I have a corned beef that was pre-seasoned before packaging. It is HEAVY with salt. I mean, heavier than normal. Not even edible. How can I get that salt reduced without compromising the flavor of the corned beef? Any help would be appreciated.

15. June 8, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

Love Corned Beef Hash btw. My family is from the south and that was a staple for breakfast. 🙂 Great post !

16. thoughtsfromanamericanwoman
    June 8, 2012 at 5:02 pm #

Haven’t had this years..can’t wait to try it. ~Patty

17. June 11, 2012 at 4:29 am #

Looks yummy! Normally get my corned beef out of a can and no one else in my family likes it – maybe I will try this one on them and give it a different name like “Beef Nosh”

18. June 11, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

Wow that looks awesome! My husband is a huge fan of corn beef hash. I may have to make this for him.

19. June 19, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

I’ve never tried making it, but I, too, am a huge fan of CBH. Seems like an easy recipe!

20. July 5, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

Micah just cured/brined/boiled his own batch of corned beef tongue the other day, and I was telling him we needed to make a corned beef hash. This one looks simple and delicious!

1. Low and Slow « Rantings of an Amateur Chef - August 12, 2012

[…] I’ve featured brisket in corned beef hash, on the grill and in the slow cooker. Today is the oven’s turn. Regardless of what you use to […]

2. Brisket – Yet Another Way « Rantings of an Amateur Chef - August 18, 2012

[…] until you can make a mean brisket on the grill. In Rollin’ With the Irish, CBH Test and Bill’s Corned Beef, brisket is made into corned beef and then put into a recipe. For a cut that needs to take quite a […]