I do not do a lot of roasting using roasting bags, but when Inno-Labs, LP, sent me some of the Look bags to try out, I went in search of recipes.
The roast was very juicy and tender as the bag held in all of the moisture during cooking.
Such a basic recipe.
Studding the roast with garlic and sprinkling with rosemary. I used a boneless roast.
Into the baking dish. I threw in some mushrooms and carrots at the last moment.
Out of the oven.
Juicy, tender and tasty.
Tuscan Style Pork Roast
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Makes: Makes 8 Servings
- 2 pounds, 4 ounces loin of pork (on the bone)
- 3 garlic cloves, cut into thin lengthwise slivers
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 fluid ounces (1/2 cup) dry white wine
Preheat oven to 350F. Using a sharp paring knife, make small slits in the roast; insert slivers of garlic in slits. Rub roast with oil, rosemary, pepper and salt. Place roast, bone-side down, in shallow roasting pan. Pour wine into pan; roast, basting occasionally with wine and pan juices, until cooked through and browned, about 1 1/2 hours (internal temperature 155-160F). Allow roast to rest 10 minutes before slicing.