Homograph. Know what it is?
No, it is not a chart that shows anything about the evolution of Homo sapiens or the growth (or decline) of anything related to homosexuality.
A homograph is where two (or more) words are spelled the same way but have different meanings. In some cases the words sound the same (so they are also homonyms), but in other cases they have different sounds. This is typically done through emphasizing one part of the word over another.
- bass – depending on how you pronounce the “a” you either have a fish, or a low sound (or instrument that produces one).
- content – either a happy feeling or whatever happens to be inside
- desert – either a hot, dry and arid region or leaving an assigned post
- lead – a metal or being in front (physically or emotionally)
and one relevant for today….
- trifle – something unimportant and of little value or to talk in a jesting or mocking manner or with intent to delude or mislead or a dessert typically consisting of plain or sponge cake often soaked with wine or spirits (as brandy or rum) and topped with layers of preserves, custard, and cream
Don’t trifle with this trifle. It is a gooey mess that fills your mouth with pleasure!
This is a very quick recipe using already made brownies and Cool Whip. It is something you can put together in a manner of minutes.
Making the pudding/cream.
Brownies in the bottom of the dish. I cannot say for sure that all of them made it into the dish…..
It looks much better in the dish.
But tastes great either way.
Chocolate Brownie Raspberry Trifle
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 1 hr 15 minutes | Makes: 12 servings
- 3 cups milk
- 2 packages (4 serving size) chocolate flavor Jello instant pudding
- 1 tub (12 oz) Cool Whip
- 1 pan brownies (cut into one inch cubes)
- 1 pint raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Pour cold milk into large bowl, add pudding mixes, beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes, stir in 2 cups Cool Whip.
2. Place half of the brownie cubes in bottom of trifle dish, top with half of the pudding mixture, half of the raspberries, and 2 cups of Cool Whip. Repeat layers, top with remaining Cool Whip and raspberries.
3. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.