After three straight courses of meat, it was time for a culinary break. The next part of the main course was a trip back to Thailand with a peanut sauce and grilled veggies.
I tested this out earlier in the summer, so a number of these pictures are from test run, but the taste was the same. I loved the peanut sauce. It had a nice tang to it.
For the test run I tried carrots, grape tomatoes, green onions and fingerling potatoes. For the Gourmet Club I used red onions, multi-colored mini potatoes and red peppers. All except for the tomatoes worked very well.
I pre-cooked the potatoes and carrots to ensure they were soft without burning the other veggies.
Mixing up the sauce.
Using my FireWire skewers during the test run.
Delicious and beautiful!
Thai-Style Veggie Kabobs With Spicy Peanut Sauce
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins | Makes: 8
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally into pieces
- 16 snow peas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 16 baby carrots
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
1. Using 8 metal skewers or wood skewers that have been soaked into water, alternately thread on the vegetables.
2. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side, until veggies are cooked crisp tender.
3. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the dipping sauce and mix well.
4. Serve 2 kabobs per person with the dipping sauce. Another fun way to serve is to plate the kebabs and drizzle a bit of sauce down each kabob, serving with the remaining sauce.
Calories 168.1 Calories from Fat 76 Total Fat 8.5 g Saturated Fat 1.7 g Cholesterol 0.0 mg Sodium 367.2 mg Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g Dietary Fiber 4.1 g Sugars 10.5 g Protein 6.8 g