In previous post, I showed one of the recipes I grew up with, Ranch Chicken. This is a very different variation with using creamy ranch dressing and taking the chicken south of the border to the Rancho.
A delicious lunch or dinner.
I tried it with the cotija cheese and it didn’t work that well. Stick to the one in the recipe.
A quick mix of the dressing.
Ranch Chicken Tacos
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Makes: 4
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 tablespoon mild chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1. Combine ranch dressing, sour cream, 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, and salsa in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
2. Toss chicken with remaining taco seasoning. Cover bowl loosely with wax paper or plastic wrap. Microwave chicken until chicken is heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Warm the tortillas in a skillet for about a minute on each side to make them pliable. Place a scoop of chicken on the tortilla and top with lettuce, tomato, green onion, olives, avocado, cheese, and a spoonful of the ranch dressing mixture.
Nutrition Amount Per Serving (4 total) Calories 717 cal 36% Fat 49 g 75% Carbs 40.3 g 13% Protein 30.7 g 61% Cholesterol 101 mg 34% Sodium 1419 mg 57% See More Based on a 2,000 calorie diet