Attention parents of teenagers:
Do you work outside the home? Do you get home late and just stare at the oven and stove and shake your head? Want them to help with dinner? Do you wish they could make something other than heating up some Bagel Bites or make a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese (It’s the cheesiest!)? The Ranting Chef to the rescue.
This dish is not only so easy a typical zoned out teenager can do it, but is it delicious as well.
The ingredients are few. While it called for breasts, I’m a Thigh Guy!
Pour it all in one dish and into a preheated oven.
It comes out perfect.
A heart warming dish that even a teenager couldn’t mess up.
One Dish Chicken & Rice Bake
Prep Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 1 hr. | Makes: 4
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Stir the soup, water, rice, paprika and black pepper in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with the chicken. Season with additional paprika and black pepper. Cover the baking dish.
2. Bake at 375°F. for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.
Calories 326 350
Total Fat 5g 7g
Saturated Fat 1g 2g
Cholesterol 86mg 86mg
Sodium 371mg 611mg
Total Carbohydrate 33g 33g
Dietary Fiber 1g 2g
Protein 33g 33g
Vitamin A 2%DV 2%DV
Vitamin C 0%DV 0%DV
Calcium 4%DV 3%DV
Iron 14%DV 14%DV