What is your favorite candy bar?
I don’t quite know what my current favorite is. As a kid, it was, without question, a Hershey’s chocolate bar with almonds. I remember every summer when my brother and I would go back to visit my grandmother, there would be a Hershey’s bar on the pillow. Nothing better. Now, I have had too many Hershey’s bars that taste more gummy than they should for that to still be a favorite. It still is the bar of choice, sans almonds, for campfire smores!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups took the favorite slot for a while. There is nothing quite like the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. It still works for me today.
Snickers was a favorite for a long time as well. Their long-term advertising campaign of “Snickers Satisfies!” is so true. A great tasting bar and it has enough volume to really fill you as well.
Today there is no big winner for my favorite. I like dark chocolate much more than I used to, but I like the variety available more than focusing on one particular taste.
The Ranting Wife, on the other hand, has a clear favorite – Twix bars.
I decided to make this decadent dessert that included her favorite.
Only five ingredients.
It did take a while to open up all those bars. I didn’t find “fun size” but did find minis.
The chopping produced chunks large and small and quite a bit of dust. It all went in.
Ready for the oven.
With some large chunks on top. Creamy and wonderful!
Caramel-Cookie Cheesecake Pie
Makes: Serves 8
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 22 Twix Fun Size Bars (16 grams each, about 2 3/4 cups total), chopped
- 1 8-inch chocolate cookie piecrust
1. Heat oven to 325º F. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and eggs on medium-high until smooth. Mix in 2 cups of the chopped Twix bars. Pour the mixture into the piecrust.
2. Bake the pie until set, 40 to 45 minutes; let cool.
3. Sprinkle the pie with the remaining Twix bars and chill until firm, 8 to 10 hours.