I am amazed at the amount of crap that clutters my mind.
I have to fully disclose that I am a TV guy. I was raised with TV. I like TV. I probably watch too much TV. But even with all of that, there is so much useless TV that occupies a significant portion of my memory. Like what, you ask?
- Hello Larry, the show that McLain Stevenson left M*A*S*H for, was based in Portland, Oregon.
- There was a show in the 70′s called Friends. It did not have Jennifer Aniston and wasn’t about six twenty-somethings living in unrealistically huge New York apartments. It was about three pre-teens. Jill Whelan (Capt. Steubing’s daughter from the The Love Boat). Right after I graduated college, I went on what I thought was a job interview. It was a pyramid selling scheme trying to recruit the bottom layer. Jill Whelan was there trying to get people to sign up.
- Speaking of The Love Boat, it led into another favorite, Fantasy Island.
- That isn’t the only line-up that is stuck in my head. When FOX launched its network, they slowly built up their Sunday night lineup. After the first six months it was 21 Jump Street, Married….With Children, Duet, Herman’s Head, and The Tracey Ullman Show (which launched The Simpsons). Unlike the critics, I liked Duet.
- The second best lineup (in my TV mind) was ABC’s Tuesday night in the 1970s - Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Threes Company (which I could only watch if my parents forgot to tell me to go to bed) and Taxi.
- The winner, and undisputed champion, was NBC’s Must See TV - The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court and St. Elmo’s Fire (later L.A. Law). You cannot find a flaw in this lineup.
I might remember more things if I could remove that clutter!
This chicken is worth remembering.
The mayo is a surprising ingredient, but it works.
Mix the cheese and mayo.
Coat the chicken and then dust with the crumbs.
Juicy, tender and delicious!
Tender Italian Baked Chicken
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min | Makes: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Dip chicken into the mayonnaise mixture, then into the bread crumbs to coat. Arrange coated chicken on a baking sheet.
Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken juices run clear and coating is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 554 | Total Fat: 39.6g | Cholesterol: 92mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database