Tequila gets a bad rap.
Sure, drinking copious amounts of tequila may lead you to doing things you might not normally do, such as taking a body shot off of a waitress in a Senor Frog’s in Mazatlan, Mexico. I’ll admit that the cheap tequila burns, but what can you expect from a waiter walking around with a bottle of tequila in each holster and shot glasses in ammo belts strapped across his chest (also in a Senior Frog’s in Mazatlan, Mexico). So buy good tequila and stay away from Senor Frog’s (unless you want a really good time you are not likely to remember!!!!).
The tequila works in this dish to help soften up the tissue in the pork and keep it juicy.
I used only about half of this pork loin for the chops…..and I used cheap tequila.
Marinating the pork. It was juicy and delicious.
Tequila Marinated Grilled Pork Loin
Prep Time: 4 hrs 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Makes: 8 | Difficulty: Medium
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin cut into 8 1″ chops
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
1) In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the pork loin and cilantro. Process until smooth.
2) Place loin chops in bag and pour marinade in. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
3) Preheat grill to high.
4) Place chops on white ot grill and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve.
Source: Livin Low Carb