It’s the Cheesiest!
Is being cheesy bad or good? I love cheese. Many people do, but how come being “cheesy” has become to be defined as cheap and inauthentic?
You can easily find hundreds (if not thousands) of lists of the cheesiest movie or song. One of my favorite lists is one that Match.com put out on the Cheesiest Pick-Up lines. Here they are:
10. “Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?” – This could only be better if the asker then answered their own question with flexing their biceps and pointing at wish #2 and then the other “gun” for wish #3.
9. “Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?” – This is so funny right now to me because earlier today I watched an episode of Modern Family where Cam was pretending to pick up Mitchell at a bar and used this line.
8. “Can I take your picture? I want Santa to know exactly what I want for Christmas this year.” – A little more creepy than cheesy.
7. “Are you religious? Because you’re the answer to all my prayers.” – The best response is “Yes and my God believes in human sacrifice. I’m so glad you came along.”
6. “Are you lost? Because heaven’s a long way from here.” – I’m not so sure what’s up with the angel reference.
5. “I gotta thirst, and baby, you look like my Gatorade.” – This is more weird than cheesy.
4. “Do you have a license? Because you’re driving me crazy.” I cannot fathom this could work.
3. “You must be a broom because you’re sweeping me off my feet.” Uh, yeah. Compare someone to a tool used for cleaning floors. I’m sure that works.
2. “Pardon me, I seem to have lost my phone number, can I borrow yours?” If you get seven actual numbers that don’t start 555, I’d be amazed.
1. “What’s your sign?” Stop! No entry! Restricted Access!
There is no problem with these potatoes getting picked up. The problem is trying to put the down!
I couldn’t find the hash browns with peppers and onions, so I added my own.
About to be baked.
CHEESY CHEDDAR POTATOES
- 1 (24 oz.) pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes with peppers & onions
- 2 c. (8 oz.) Kraft natural shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c. Miracle Whip or Miracle whip light dressing
- 1/4 c. (1 oz.) Kraft 100% grated Parmesan cheese
- Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients. Spoon into 13″x9″ baking dish. Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 6 servings.