I love me some caprese salad.
As covered in previous posts Mini Caprese Salad Bites, Mozzarella Cheese Making, Caprese Salad Crostini and Grilled Portobello with Caprese, I make it quite a few ways. While this is not technically caprese (it has baby spinach instead of basil) it really is very similar. It looks very much like caprese and has a similar taste. If it looks like a duck and tastes like a duck….
This is a great little salad to put together. Too often pasta can be a heavy dish but the pairing with the spinach actually makes it seem light.
Boil the pasta.
Combine and serve!
Spinach, Tomato, and Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups) | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 1/2 cups multigrain rotini pasta (such as Barilla Plus)
- Italian Dressing
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Rinse with cold water; drain.
2. While pasta cooks, prepare Italian Dressing. Combine dressing and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add pasta and spinach; toss well, and top with cheese.