Calling all cooks:
I am announcing the first Ranting Chef cooking competition. In homage to, and in separation from a certain Food Network cooking show, I am announcing a call for entrants to a cooking competition: DICED! The competition works as follows:
- Entrants will be given a list of a few ingredients. With that they must create (or find) a recipe that contains and features those ingredients. They then must make the recipe, document it with a blog post, and take pictures of it. All writing and photography MUST be their own, even if they use a recipe they find elsewhere. Entrants will have a two week period from receiving the ingredient list to submit their post. I will post each blog on consecutive days
- I will provide instructions to the readers of the blog to “like” the post as a vote. They will be asked to vote based on the use of the ingredients, desirability of the recipe, quality of the writing and great looking photos. The readers will vote on the one they like the best with the number of “likes”. The number the posts receives within one week of their posting date will count toward their total. Once a week goes by I will record the number of “likes” as their total. Readers can, and probably will, like more than one recipe.
- Blog entries will be edited only for grammar, spelling mistakes and to add measurements typical to a US audience (if originally given in metric). Posts will go up in a random order.
- Ingredients will be ones that I can obtain in my local grocery store and while I cannot guarantee you will be able to find them, I will not choose anything that I suspect to be obscure.
- The first round will be posts about appetizer, soup or salad and will have five entrants. The top four will move on to the next round.
- The second round will be post about a main course and relevant sides and will have four entrants. The top three will move on to the final round.
- The final round will be a post about a dessert and will have three entrants.
- In the event of a tie, the Ranting Chef will choose the winners of the tie.
Your prize will be the pride of winning and acclaim on this blog to readers around the world. I am working to see if I can get a sponsored prize or two, and if I do there will be something more tangible to win.
If you would like to compete and can fulfill the requirements stated above, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on February 28, 2013. I need your name, email address and a sentence or two about why you should be chosen. Those not selected for the first contest may be selected for future ones (if this goes well). For this first competition, I cannot guarantee any specific diet can be observed (gluten free, vegetarian, kosher).