Do not go out to dinner tonight. The places will be crowded, the service worse than normal and you won’t find a deal anywhere. Why? It’s Valentine’s Day.
Instead, make your sweetheart this simple, yet elegant dish at home.
The salmon just flakes off and melts in your mouth.
Just seven ingredients.
Sear up the salmon.
Seared Salmon with Lemon Sauce
Makes: Makes 4 servings
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, cut in wedges and with seeds removed
- 1 tbsp butter
1. Heat your skillet over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes or so. While the skillet is heating, salt and pepper your salmon on both sides.
2. Add the olive oil to the hot skillet and move it around to coat. Give it a minute to heat.
3. Add the salmon fillets and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove them from the skillet and keep warm.
4. Add the chicken broth to the pan and, using a wire whisk, deglaze the pan well. Allow this mixture to reduce slightly. Now squeeze the lemon into the pan and whisk again. Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the butter till well incorporated. Serve immediately with the sauce spooned over the top of the seared fish.