You Won’t Find That at the Bell

Dateline: Louisville

During the summer, Yum brands (owners of several large restaurant chains) announced their they have decided to launch a breakfast┬ámenu at 800 of their Taco Bell restaurants in the west. The menu includes breakfast burritos (as you would expect), a breakfast “crunchwrap” (which makes sense) and a breakfast Mt Dew. This last concoction is a mix of orange juice and Mt. Dew. I am admittedly not a Mt. Dew fan and the thought of the mixture turned my stomach.

What I didn’t find on the menu, was breakfast tacos. Um…Taco Bell? No tacos? Guess I will have to make my own.

To be honest this was another “use what you have” recipe. I was out of onions. I was actually shocked I didn’t have onions in the house.

I shredded some pepper jack and with the eggs, bacon and salsa, I used two types of hot peppers. You won’t find that at the Bell.

Frying up the stars of the recipe.

The eggs hold it all together.

All ready to eat.

Awesome!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Cheese, Eggs, Fried, Lunch, Mexican, Pork2, Recipes, vegetable3

8 Comments on “You Won’t Find That at the Bell”

1. December 20, 2012 at 11:04 am #

Awesome!

2. December 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

Mt. Dew and OJ? Ew. Your breakfast tacos? YUM!

3. December 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

That looks pretty tasty! I’d also be shocked to be onionless: in my own cooking, it’s the most ubiquitous ingredient.

4. December 20, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

Ummm… Mtn Dew with orange juice? Blech! I’d prefer one of your tacos any day!

5. December 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

My hubby loves these any time of day or night lol

6. December 21, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

I admittedly enjoy orange juice and mountain dew.

Those look to die for, though. Yum.

7. December 22, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

Mt. Dew and OJ sounds disgusting. I L-O-V-E tacos and pretty much anything else that is spicy and has cheese. I can’t believe out of the whole menu they didn’t have tacos! Those look super good and easy to adjust according to whats around the house. I have run out of onions once and was really shocked so I feel your pain.

8. December 24, 2012 at 12:02 am #

I use to have a breakfast burrito for breakfast almost every day when I was working, in California. I’m sorry Pepsi sold all those restaurants to Yum brands. I bet your Tacos would feel right at home with me.