Craving an Un-Blogworthy Sandwich

Since starting the blog, I have found that I no longer make many of my old standby recipes, in favor of ones that would be “blog-worthy”. After seeing my wife order a club sandwich in a restaurant the other day, I had a craving, blog or no blog

I cannot say there was much special to this, except maybe the addition of creamy avocado.

In the endless argument between mayo and Miracle Whip, for sandwiches, I come down regularly on the Miracle Whip side.

Delicious!

Club Sandwiches

(Ingredients per sandwich)

3 slices of wheat bread
1 slice tomato
1 large iceberg lettuce leaf
2 slices of bacon
4oz sliced turkey
4oz sliced ham
4 slices of avocado
1-2 tbs Miracle Whip

1) Cook the bacon.
2) Toast the bread.
3) Spread the miracle whip on one side of each piece of bread.
4) Stack the ingredients with the third slice of bread in the middle.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Lunch, Pork, Recipes, Sandwich or Wrap, Turkey, vegetable3

14 Comments on “Craving an Un-Blogworthy Sandwich”

1. December 13, 2012 at 11:08 am #

Haha! Sometimes you just gotta eat what you wanna eat. (Maybe I should blog about frozen pizza….mmmmm)

2. December 13, 2012 at 11:09 am #

Miracle Whip baby! Yum. Club sandwiches are absolutely delish and totally blog-worthy. :)

3. December 13, 2012 at 11:29 am #

Nice sandwich (minus the “whip”, sorry). Did you eat the whole thing, at one sitting?

4. Alli
    December 13, 2012 at 12:51 pm #

I’ve never actually had Miracle Whip. It’s not very popular on the east coast. Have you ever substituted mashed avocado for mayo in salads? It’s my new favorite way to eat a tuna sandwich. You mash up half an avocado with just a touch of olive oil, mix in the tuna and whatever herbs and spices you usually like with your tuna (for me it’s dill). I serve it on toasted whole wheat with a slice of swiss and spinach for crunch, but you could serve it anyway you like your traditional tuna sandwiches.

• December 13, 2012 at 6:34 pm #

LOVE the idea of avocado and tuna! Brilliant, I’m definitely trying that.

5. December 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Nothing wrong with blogging about your stand-bys. I’m on the Miracle Whip side as well!

6. December 13, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Wow, that is QUITE a sandwich! Somehow it looks more impressive when you stack the ingredients up before assembly. It’s definitely bloggable!

7. December 13, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

Ha! Really funny, I thought I was the only one who only cooked blog-worthy meals since starting my blog! I’ve been spending a lot more time in the kitchen, that’s for sure.

8. December 13, 2012 at 8:28 pm #

Anything with Avocado is great!! At first, I thought by the picture, it was a Reuben….Which made me crave one. But now I crave a Club Sandwich!! Can never tire of the Tried and True!

9. December 14, 2012 at 12:20 am #

I often feel like I have to make things I eat and bake more interesting for the purpose of blogging about it. But blogging about conventional stuff is okay too, once in a while!

10. December 14, 2012 at 7:36 am #

DREAM KILLER! Duke’ s Mayo! No to the whip! A recipe of this proportion reminds us all that not every meal needs to include three hours of cooking and an hour of dishes to be enjoyable

11. December 16, 2012 at 9:43 am #

I can completely understand you! I feel the smae way but I think thta this tasty sandwich is certainly blog worthy!!! Waw!!!

12. December 16, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

Very astute, subtle observation, about how blogging influences what we cook and eat, if we’re reporting on what we cook and eat. Another piece of evidence that introducing an “observer” into situation, changes the outcome.

Good for you, for having the courage to tell the truth (although, maybe you’ve gone too far, in admitting that you prefer Miracle Whip).

13. December 18, 2012 at 12:38 pm #

I’m also a follower of mashed avocado and tuna sandwiches. Yum, this picture of a club sandwich looks delicious and sends me straight to the fridge to hunt for the ingredients.