September Foodie Pen Pal

Several months ago I joined the foodie pen pals. It is an interesting program where you are assigned a new pal each month and you send them $15 worth of food and in return you also receive a package (from a different pal). It is fun. Check it out at http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/.

This month, I received a great package from Meg at Eat, Drink and Be Sperry

The box from Meg was great. She included a packet of sticky notes with a variety of designs (all sporting the first letter of my first name), a package of Creme Brule kettle corn (YUM!), a packet of microwave popcorn and a bag of pancake mix that was stone ground utilizing a water wheel driven grindstone. How cool is that!

This was a very thoughtful package and thanks again to Meg. Check out the Foodie Pen Pal program at http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/.

Categories: Pen Pal

6 Comments on “September Foodie Pen Pal”

1. September 30, 2012 at 8:52 am #

This is an amazing “exchange and share” idea….

2. September 30, 2012 at 9:05 am #

an interesting idea, it would be better if they sent you food that was indigenous to where they are from.

• bamboogirl
      September 30, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Maybe her theme was “things that start with the letter P” ;)

3. September 30, 2012 at 4:36 pm #

Cool idea!

4. October 1, 2012 at 11:58 am #

What a great idea!!! Hey, I love your blog! I nominated you for the Award of Family of Blogger for my Blog! Check it out!

5. October 3, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

awesome idea! I’ll have to check this out.