August Foodie Pen Pal

Several months ago I joined the foodie pen pals. It is an interesting program where you are assigned a new pal each month and you send them $15 worth of food and in return you also receive a package (from a different pal). It is fun. Check it out at http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/.

This month, I received a great package from Jami at Cobalt Kitchen

Jami, who is from Michigan (I won’t hold that against her) sent me items both from Michigan and ones that she made herself. She sent:

• A bottle of Third Coast beer (yum)
  • A bottle of Founders Centennial IPA beer (once again, yum)
  • A bottle of Wild Bill’s Black Cherry Cream Soda (I am lovin’ this bottle theme)
  • 2 bags of Kar’s Sweet and Salty mix (great energy on the go)
  • Great Lakes Balsamic Fish Rub (I have some salmon destined for this)
  • Homemade Strawberry-Vanilla bean preserves (I cannot wait to try this)
  • Homemade Vanilla Raw Sugar (I’ve seen it before but never made it myself)

This was a very thoughtful package and thanks again to Jami. Check out the Foodie Pen Pal program at http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/.

Categories: Pen Pal, Recipes

6 Comments on “August Foodie Pen Pal”

1. August 31, 2012 at 7:48 am #

Those strawberry preserves and the trail mix look good. It is getting harder and harder to find trail mix where I live. And I love the picture on the front of the fish rub.

2. August 31, 2012 at 8:30 am #

Great haul this month! I just joined this month and I was so siked to open up my package of goodies! So fun. :-)

3. August 31, 2012 at 9:05 am #

What a great idea. Sounds like fun.

4. August 31, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

That sounds like a Great idea…..

5. bamboogirl
    August 31, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

Wow! alcohol is cheaper in MI! $15 goes a long way ;)

• Jami
      September 1, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

I had to be creative to stick to the $15 limit, but it worked out. The beers are local to my area and they were only $2 or so a bottle. And don’t worry, I’m not a U of M fan; I have more sense than that ;)