Several months ago I joined the foodie pen pals. It is an interesting program where you are assigned a new pal each month and you send them $15 worth of food and in return you also receive a package (from a different pal). It is fun. Check it out at http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/.
This month, I received a great package from Jami at Cobalt Kitchen…
Jami, who is from Michigan (I won’t hold that against her) sent me items both from Michigan and ones that she made herself. She sent:
- A bottle of Third Coast beer (yum)
- A bottle of Founders Centennial IPA beer (once again, yum)
- A bottle of Wild Bill’s Black Cherry Cream Soda (I am lovin’ this bottle theme)
- 2 bags of Kar’s Sweet and Salty mix (great energy on the go)
- Great Lakes Balsamic Fish Rub (I have some salmon destined for this)
- Homemade Strawberry-Vanilla bean preserves (I cannot wait to try this)
- Homemade Vanilla Raw Sugar (I’ve seen it before but never made it myself)
This was a very thoughtful package and thanks again to Jami. Check out the Foodie Pen Pal program at http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/.