Do I Cook with a lot of Cauliflower, or What?!?!

Blogging most of your meals really makes you realize everything you cook. In an earlier post, I recognized that red peppers and onions made their way into many of my dishes. More lately, I noticed that cauliflower is also a very common ingredient. You’ve seen me roast, puree and do everything else with this versatile vegetable. In this recipe, all I do is cut it up.

This is a great salad. It has crunch, creaminess and bacon!

OK. Not the healthiest with Miracle Whip, bacon and sugar, but it sure tastes great.

Mix up the dressing.

Chop up the star ingredient.

Mix it up.

CAULIFLOWER-BACON SALAD

Ingredients:

• 1 C. MIRACLE WHIP
  • 1/6 C. PARMESAN CHEESE
  • 1/6 C. SUGAR
  • 1/8 C. INSTANT MINCED ONION
  • 1/2 PKG. BACON, CRISPLY COOKED; CRUMBLED
  • 1/2 HEAD CAULIFLOWER, CUT INTO PIECES
  • 3 C. TORN ROMAINE LETTUCE

Directions:

Directions:

MIX MIRACLE WHIP, CHEESE, SUGAR AND ONION IN LARGE BOWL. ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS, MIX LIGHTLY.

Source: http://www.familycookbookproject.com/view_recipesite.asp?rid=1394770&uid=11466&sid=24985

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: appetizer, Cheese, Low Carb, Lunch, Picnic, Recipes, Salad, Side Dish, Vegetable, Vegetarian

15 Comments on “Do I Cook with a lot of Cauliflower, or What?!?!”

1. August 30, 2012 at 11:11 am #

next time you can try cauliflower balls, trust me they’re great!

2. August 30, 2012 at 11:15 am #

Cauliflower is wonderful!

3. August 30, 2012 at 11:19 am #

That looks great!

4. August 30, 2012 at 11:32 am #

THANK YOU for cooking with cauliflower! Like anyone on coumadin (warfarin), I have to be careful with the vitamin K that I eat. I use a lot of cauliflower too since it is lower in K than broccoli, cabbage and other leafy greens and a little easier to manage that way – for my individual needs anyway. Thanks for the recipes! It gives me ideas and variety that I’d struggled to find before.

5. August 30, 2012 at 11:55 am #

I love cauliflower, but I like it best raw. I like the crunch ;)

6. August 30, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

A little crispy bacon never hurts… but I think I’ll try this salad with greek yogurt sweetened with stevia (my new kick). Will let you know whether people like it :)

7. dlandeclark@comcast.net
    August 30, 2012 at 3:54 pm #

Pat, Do you know how old this recipe is? I started making it when we were first married and it is still one of your Uncle Dave’s favorite salads! We enjoy your blog, especially when you talk about your background. Love, Aunt Liz

Sent from my iPad

• August 30, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

Must not be that old then as you can’t be more than 30……. 😉

8. detrimentalbeauty
    August 30, 2012 at 9:17 pm #

Ugh this is one of my favorites!!!!

9. Julia Fairchild
    August 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm #

It’s funny to notice a trend in your main ingredients, isn’t it?

10. August 31, 2012 at 8:50 am #

I love love love cauliflower! And I love this blog!

11. September 2, 2012 at 3:44 am #

I love cauliflower, guilty…..!

12. September 19, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

…drooling…

1. July 4th Food! | Rantings of an Amateur Chef - July 3, 2013

[…] Cauliflower-Bacon Salad, Cucumber Salad, Fresh Fruit Tossed Salad,  Grandma O’s Potato Salad, Grilled Romaine Salad, London Broil Salad, Pasta Salad, Strawberry Salad, Sweet Macaroni Salad, […]

2. Labor Day Cookout Food! | Rantings of an Amateur Chef - September 2, 2013