July Foodie Pen Pal

Last month I joined the foodie pen pals. It is an interesting program where you are assigned a new pal each month and you send them $15 worth of food and in return you also receive a package (from a different pal). It is fun. Check it out at http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/

My pal Melinda (http://www.musingsofthenail.blogspot.com)sent me a whole boat load of fantastic items.

Here is what she sent me:

• Organic Chocolate Almond bar
  • Yogurt Covered Pretzels
  • Ramen noodles
  • Cappuccino mix
  • Energy bars (2)
  • Energy fruit chews
  • Seaweed snacks
  • Fruit Leather (3)

My wife grabbed the yogurt covered pretzels, an energy bar and the fruit chews and pronounced them great.

I was able to try the seaweed snack (salty and delicious and so light that each sheet melts on your tongue) and the fruit leather (a great refreshing snack after a workout).

Thanks again to Melinda and check out the Foodie Pen Pal program at http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/.

Categories: Pen Pal, Recipes

7 Comments on “July Foodie Pen Pal”

1. July 31, 2012 at 8:45 am #

I just joined this month too- it’s fun! :)

2. daisyraytheclown
    July 31, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

That sounds like a lot of fun!

3. July 31, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

Super fun right! Love the Foodie Pen Pal Program, I have been doing is since March and have to say it’s the best way to try new foods and meet amazing bloggers:-)

4. July 31, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

Sounds fun ~ Signed up for next month!

5. July 31, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

cool programm :DD I’d def join if one was here in Germany too! It’s sound like fun and … well, yummy food <3

6. August 1, 2012 at 1:07 am #

oh wow that sounds very cool!! im definitely going to try it :)

1. Foodie Pen Pals « Not a Coupon Queen - August 1, 2012

[...] I have struck gold! I heard about this awesome program via Rantings of an Amateur Chef, who I follow here on WordPress. I followed his links over to Lean Green Bean and discovered the [...]