I get into a lunch time rut. While I feel the world is open to me for dinner and I could have the same breakfast items repeated over-and-over and still be happy, I feel my lunch repertoire is much more limited. I shouldn’t think this, because there are a million different ways to do a sandwich. In my effort to branch out, I ran across this and made it for lunch the other day.
Open-Faced Avocado-Bacon Tuna Melt
Prep Time: 13 minutes | Cook Time: 2 minutes | Servings: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich) | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 (12-ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and halved
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 (0.74-ounce) slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese (such as Sargento)
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon tuna mixture evenly over toasted bread slices. Top tuna mixture evenly with bacon, avocado, and cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet.
3. Bake at 425° for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Serve with: Spicy Sweet Potato Fries